The National Scientific Congress is being organized in close collaboration between Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University (STMU) and Shifa International Hospitals Ltd. (SIHL) and shall be an annual event. Shifa International Hospital is a premier tertiary health care facility in Islamabad, accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI). Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University (STMU) is a federally chartered University located in close proximity to its teaching hospital (SIHL) and imparts quality education in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Medical Technology, Clinical Psychology and Professionals Education.
- It shall be the largest multi-speciality and multi-disciplinary congress/meeting held in the region.
- It shall provide participants with a valuable opportunity to present their experience, research and opinions to their colleagues, in a challenging and truly professional forum.
- It shall feature different programs that offer participants the opportunity to learn and experience first hand advances in medical, surgical, pharmaceutical, nursing, biomedical and allied health sciences specialities.
- It shall constitute Plenary and Concurrent sessions for each domain. Each participating domain shall host an eminent authority as a distinguished visitor/orator/speaker; both from overseas and within the country.
- It shall be held over two days followed by master class sessions throughout the year and shall provide ample opportunity for inter-disciplinary as well as specialized discussions.
- Transplant programs in Pakistan
- Cardiometabolic disorders
- Optimal General Practice in Pakistan
- Heart Failure Treatment Optimization
- Landmark Trials 2018
- Elderly Care and End of Life Care
- New Guidelines / Protocols / Updates (All specialties)
- Innovations, Newer Therapeutics, Newer Techniques, What’s New (All specialties)
- Novel Procedures, Techniques and Initiatives (All specialties)
- Research Sessions (Local Epidemiological, Therapeutics, and Trials Data)
- Sessions on Biomedics and Genetics
- Workshops (Newer techniques, Simulators, Hands on Learning)
- Newer Products, Medical Equipment, Software (Exhibition and Displays)